Conference interpreter German (A) – English (B) – Spanish (B)
Work experience both within Germany and abroad
- Diplom-Dolmetscher [equivalent to an MA] in Interpreting Studies
- General sworn interpreter and authorised translator for English and Spanish for the Berlin courts and notaries
- Member of the VKD (Verband der Konferenzdolmetscher im BDÜ e. V.) (The Association of Conference Interpreters within the BDÜ)
- Member of the BDÜ (Bundesverband der Dolmetscher und Übersetzer e. V.) (The Federal Association of Interpreters and Translators)
- Areas of expertise: medicine, technology, politics, the environment, renewable energy, agriculture, economics and nutrition
- Since 06/2005: freelance interpreter and translator based in Berlin
- 2007-2009: head of an English-German translation course at the Volkshochschule Mitte, Berlin (adult education centre)
- 2007: voluntary work for the NPH organisation, Guatemala
- 02-05/2005: interpreter/translator in the law firm Bufete Serrano Mattey in San José, Costa Rica
- 1996/1997: Au-pair in Cincinnati, OH, USA
- 03/2015 – 01/2016: attended a training course in holistic medicine, no exams taken
- Interpreting and Journalism Studies at the University of Leipzig, graduated 2004: Diploma in Interpreting for Spanish and English with Journalism as a minor
- Specialist subject: Biology
- Diploma thesis: The treatment of Parkinson’s Syndrome. A terminological examination in English and German.
- Study semesters abroad in Madrid and Edinburgh
Since the end of January 2017 I have been a mentor in the VKD (Verband der Konferenzdolmetscher) (The Association of Conference Interpreters). Over the next 2 years I will be advising and supporting a young interpreter.
I also provide support to the organisation Die Arche e.V., which combats child poverty in Germany, as well as both Oxfam und Greenpeace.